Creamy Corn Chowder with Cilantro Cream
Recipe furnished by Marzetti
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Large onion chopped
- 1 Large red bell pepper chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 1 Large yellow potato peeled and diced
- 2 Fresh ears of corn or 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 tsp. Hot sauce
- 2 cups Milk or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup Southwest ranch veggie dip
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped cilantro leaves
Heat oil in soup pot or Dutch oven; add onion, red bell pepper, salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat for 8 to10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add broth, potato, corn and hot sauce; bring to boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer for about 20 minutes or until potato pieces are tender.
Transfer 1 cup of soup to blender, add 1 cup milk and pulse until blended.
Add back to pot and repeat with 1 more cup of soup and remaining milk. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Re-heat gently over low heat.
Whisk together southwest ranch veggie dip, sour cream and cilantro in a small bowl.
Ladle hot soup into shallow bowls. Top soup with dollops of cilantro cream and swirl with a knife to distribute cream. Serve immediately.
Recipe furnished by the T. Marzetti Company