Versatile Mediterranean Meatballs
As far as meatballs are concerned, these Greek meatballs are delightfully unique and unbelievably tasty! The entire process only takes about 25 minutes from start to finish.
First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, mix the ground lamb, garlic mayonnaise, feta cheese, parsley and rosemary in a bowl. While you can use a spatula, I’d suggest you just get down and dirty and use your hands to mix everything together thoroughly.
Grab a small handful of the meat mixture and roll it into a ball shape. Repeat this until you’ve created about sixteen meatballs as close to the same size as possible and place in a baking pan with walls. Cook these for about fifteen minutes and you’re ready to enjoy!
These meatballs make a great sandwich, topper for pasta or stuffed in a pita pocket with tzatziki sauce. Get creative and watch these meatballs disappear!
- 2 lbs. ground lamb
- 1/2 cup garlic mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
- 1/2 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425°. Combine ground lamb, garlic mayonnaise, cheese, bread crumbs, parsley and rosemary in large bowl. Shape into 16 meatballs.
- Arrange meatballs on rimmed baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until meatballs are done.
Tip: For a great sandwich, serve meatballs in pita pockets with this quick tzatziki sauce. Combine 1/3 cup garlic mayonnaise, 1/4 cup grated or diced cucumber and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a small bowl.
Recipe courtesy of Hellmann's