Roasted Pacific Salmon and Mexican Bean Salad
- 12 6 oz. ea. Salmon fillets skin removed
- 2 Tbs. Cumin ground
- 2 Tbs. Cardamom ground
- 2 Tbs. Coriander seeds crushed
- 1 Tbs. Seasalt
- 1/2 Tsp. Chili pepper seasoning blended with see next ingredient
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 6 C. Black beans cooked and drained
- 1 C. Brown rice cooked
- 4 C. Corn kernels fresh or frozen, cooked and drained
- 4 C. Tomatoes chopped
- 2 C. Seedless cucumbers chopped
- 1 C. Scallions sliced (green and white parts)
- 1 C. Cilantro chopped
- 1 C. Green pepper chopped
- 3 Jalapeno peppers seeded and finely chopped
- 3 C. Vinaigrette dressing
- 12 C. Mesclun salad greens assorted baby greens
- 6 Avocados sliced
- 36 limes Lime wedges approx. 6 limes
- 12 Cilantro sprigs
- 1 C. Pumpkin seeds toasted
Mix the first 6 seasonings together and reserve.
Place fillets on lightly oiled sheet pan and sprinkle seasoning mixture on top of fillets. Bake at 450° F. until Salmon is done and easily flakes, about 5 -6 minutes. Cool and reserve.
Mix black beans with remaining 8 ingredients and add the dressing. Mix carefully until all ingredients are well-combined. Adjust seasoning if desired.
Line plates with approximately 1 C. mesclun greens and top, covering the greens only partially with the bean salad.
Arrange broken, flaked Salmon fillets on top of salad.
Garnish alternately with sliced avocados, limes, cilantro sprigs and sprinkled toasted pumpkin seeds.