Red Curried Indonesian Salad with a Roasted Cashew-Oriental Dressing
- 1 C. Onion coarsely chopped
- 1 C. Sweet red pepper coarsely chopped
- 1 C. Lychees coarsely chopped
- 1/4 C. Lemon grass finely chopped
- 1/4 C. Pineapple coarsely chopped
- 1 C. Roasted cashew pieces
- 3 C. Basmati rice cooked
- 1 Lb. Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 C. Yogurt plain, low-fat and blended with red curry paste (see next ingredient)
- 1/4 C. Red curry paste
- 1 C. Oriental dressing & marinade
- 1 C. Hot Thai peanut dressing & sauce
- 6 C. each Escarole & endive torn
- 1 C. Green onion chopped
- 2 Lbs. Seedless green & red grapes halved
- 2/3 C. Muscat raisins
- 1 C. Honey-roasted cashews
Mix first seven ingredients to create “mixed rice” salad-base.
Julienne chicken, marinate with half the curried yogurt for at least two hours, refrigerated.
Roast chicken at 350° F until done (approximately 20 minutes). Allow to cool, toss with remaining yogurt.
Blend the Oriental and Hot Thai peanut dressings in blender or food processor until smooth and combined.
Toss in a large bowl with escarole, endives and green onions.
Top with chicken, grapes, raisins and honey-roasted cashews.
* For a simplified version of this recipe, see Indonesian Chicken and Rice Salad