Vegetarian Ranch Taco Salad
- 1 Tbs. Dry Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 Tbs. Dry taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 C. Fat-free mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 C. Nonfat milk
- 1 10 oz. package Mixed salad greens
- 1/2 C. Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 C. avocado peeled, sliced
- 1/2 C. Red peppers or tomatoes diced
- 1 15 oz. can Black beans drained
- 1 15 oz. can Corn can use fresh or frozen (follow cooking instructions)
- 1 about 1 C. Mango peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/4 C. dry roasted peanuts chopped
- Lime wedges
- Tortilla chips
Combine dry salad seasoning mixes, milk and mayonnaise; whisk until well blended. Set aside.
Combine salad greens, cilantro, jicama, beans and mango in large salad bowl. Top with peanuts.
Serve with dressing, lime wedges and tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 232 calories, 5g fat, 13% of calories from fat, >1g saturated fat, less than 1mg cholesterol, 885mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate, 8g (or 33% of daily value) fiber, 10g protein, 3358 IU (or 67%) Vitamin A, 25mg (or 41%) Vitamin C, 98mg (10% calcium, 3mg (or 15%) iron.
To reduce fat: omit peanuts and use low-fat baked tortilla chips.
Experiment with adding black or kidney beans and other southwest vegetables.