Fresh Asparagus Salad
- ¾ C. Asiago Peppercorn Dressing [Fresh Asparagus Salad]
- 2 Lbs. Fresh asparagus ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Small Red pepper cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1 Small Yellow pepper cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 2 Tbsp. Capers drained
- 1/3 C. Pitted olives cut into slivers
- ½ C. Walnut pieces
- Salt to taste
Bring a medium pot of water to boil, add asparagus pieces and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. It should be bright green and still crisp. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking. Pat asparagus dry with paper towels.
In a medium bowl, combine asparagus, pepper strips and Asiago Peppercorn Dressing and salt; toss to combine. Arrange salad on a platter, sprinkle with capers, olives and walnuts.
Serve. This salad is best served right away.
Recipe and photograph provided by T. Marzetti Company.