Buffalo goes bleu
This dip recipe is perfect for a large group gathering. It definitely makes enough to feed a crowd so start calling your friends over now! Another plus, it’s super quick and easy to make. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 C shredded cooked chicken
- 1 package (8 oz.) softened cream cheese
- ½ C buffalo wing sauce
- ½ C ranch/ bleu cheese dressing
- ½ C crumbled bleu cheese
To start, I cooked my chicken. I used 2 large chicken breasts and boiled them in a pot of water for between 15 and 20 minutes. Once I was sure they were cooked all the way through, I removed them from the water and placed them in a large bowl to cool. Next, I used two forks to shred the breasts into bite sized pieces.
I left my cream cheese out on the counter while my chicken cooked and I found it was perfectly soft by the time the chicken was done and shredded.
Once you have everything prepared, add the cream cheese, buffalo wing sauce, ranch or bleu cheese dressing (I used bleu cheese because it goes well with the additional chunks) and bleu cheese crumbles to the large bowl full of chicken and mix. I found that using a stand mixer worked really well to mix everything together evenly and even helped break up some of the larger pieces of chicken. A handheld mixer or a spatula would work just as well. The key is to make sure all of the chunks of cream cheese are broken up.
Finally, pour the mixture into a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. Serve warm with chips or vegetables and your house will certainly become the go to party spot among your friends.
Recipe courtesy of The Clorox Company.
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup FRANK'S RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or FRANK'S RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1/2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® or Bleu Cheese® Dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese or your favorite shredded cheese
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE all ingredients and spoon into shallow 1-quart baking dish.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish with chopped green onions if desired. Serve with crackers, chips, pretzels and/or vegetables.
Courtesy of Hidden Valley for recipe and photograph.