Quinoa Salad with Apples and Almonds – Salad a Day Contest Winner
Salad a Day Contest Winner -- Recipe: Quinoa Salad with Apples and Almonds
Servings: 8 Servings
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup granny smith apples chopped
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Poppy Seed Dressing
- In a 3-quart sauce pan, bring water to a boil. Stir in quinoa, cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for 12 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed all the water. Remove from heat, fluff, cover and let stand another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350.
- Spread almonds on baking sheet, and toast 7 to 10 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Lay 10 to 15 spinach leaves flat on top of one another on cutting board. Roll tightly into cylinder, then slice into slivers. Repeat with remaining spinach.
- Toss together almonds, quinoa, spinach, apples, cucumber, chickpeas and red onion.
- Pour Dressing over quinoa salad and toss to coat. Chill 30 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
My Journey through a Bottle… of Ranch Salad Dressing September 4, 2014
Go Mad Over these Dips! March 7, 2018