Andouille Chicken Gumbo Salad – Salad a Day Contest Winner Recipe
Salad a Day Contest Winner -- Recipe: Andouille Chicken Gumbo Salad
Servings: 4 Servings
- 8 C. spring mix greens
- 2/3 C. diced tomatoes with green chilies mild, drained
- 1/4 C. plus 4 Tbsp. sun dried tomato vinaigrette dressing
- 2 links Cajun style Andouille smoked pork sausage slice 1/4 inch thick
- 1 C. chicken cut into 1/2 x 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 C. onion chopped
- 1/2 C. green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 C. celery chopped
- 1/2 C. frozen cut corn
- 1 C. frozen cut okra
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine spring mix greens and diced tomatoes with green chilies. Add 1/4 C. vinaigrette dressing and toss well. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add sausage and chicken, cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add onion, green bell pepper and celery and continue cooking 5 minutes. Stir in the corn and okra and season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until okra is tender.
- Divide the tossed mixed salad greens with tomatoes among 4 serving plates.
- Topping salad greens; divide the Andouille-Chicken gumbo among the plates.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of the remaining vinaigrette over the sausage-chicken gumbo.
Fat Facts and Fallacies about Dressings and Sauces May 22, 2013
The easiest way to impress your guests: Ranch Veggie Bruschetta December 22, 2015
The Breakout Star: Mayonnaise November 20, 2017