Andouille Chicken Gumbo Salad – Salad a Day Contest Winner Recipe
Salad a Day Contest Winner -- Recipe: Andouille Chicken Gumbo Salad
Servings: 4 Servings
- 8 C. spring mix greens
- 2/3 C. diced tomatoes with green chilies mild, drained
- 1/4 C. plus 4 Tbsp. sun dried tomato vinaigrette dressing
- 2 links Cajun style Andouille smoked pork sausage slice 1/4 inch thick
- 1 C. chicken cut into 1/2 x 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 C. onion chopped
- 1/2 C. green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 C. celery chopped
- 1/2 C. frozen cut corn
- 1 C. frozen cut okra
- Salt and pepper
In a large bowl, combine spring mix greens and diced tomatoes with green chilies. Add 1/4 C. vinaigrette dressing and toss well. Set aside.
In a large skillet, add sausage and chicken, cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add onion, green bell pepper and celery and continue cooking 5 minutes. Stir in the corn and okra and season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until okra is tender.
Divide the tossed mixed salad greens with tomatoes among 4 serving plates.
Topping salad greens; divide the Andouille-Chicken gumbo among the plates.
Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of the remaining vinaigrette over the sausage-chicken gumbo.