Tex-Mex Cobb Salad – Salad a Day Contest Winner
Salad a Day Contest Winner -- Recipe: Tex-Mex Cobb Salad
Servings: 4 Servings
Chipotle BBQ Dressing
- 3/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup prepared hickory barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 strips cooked thick-cut bacon pork or turkey, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 avocado peeled, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked corn kernels
- 15- ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked grilled chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese cubed
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- Tortilla chips garnish
- In small bowl, combine Ranch Dressing, barbecue sauce, cilantro, lime juice and chipotle chile; mix well.
- Line a large platter with lettuce.
- Arrange remaining ingredients, in rows, across lettuce.
- Serve with dressing. Garnish with tortilla chips.