Shrimp, Avocado, Bacon Salad with Chipotle Ranch Dressing – Salad a Day Contest Winner
Salad a Day Contest Winner -- Recipe: Shrimp, Avocado, Bacon Salad with Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 C. prepared ranch dressing
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro & cilantro leaves for optional garnish
- 1 tsp. chipotle en adobo marinade only
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Lb. cooked & cleaned shrimp
- 1 diced avocado
- 1/2 pint baby tomatoes
- 1/2 C. chopped green onions
- 2/3 C. bacon bits or cooked chopped bacon
- 1 head Bibb lettuce washed & leaves separated
- In a small bowl, combine ranch dressing, lime juice, chopped cilantro and chipotle en adobo marinade.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In another small bowl, toss the cooked shrimp with 1/3 C. of chipotle ranch dressing.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- In a large bowl, combine the diced avocado, baby tomatoes, green onions, 1/3 C. bacon, and Bibb lettuce.
- Toss with dressing and season to taste.
- Place the salad on 4 large plates.
- Place the dressed shrimp in the center of the plate.
- Top with the remaining bacon.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves if desired.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas.