Reuben Salad – Salad a Day Contest Winner
Salad a Day Contest Winner -- Recipe: Reuben Salad
- 1 C. shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 C. warm sauerkraut; drained
- 1/2 tsp. caraway seed
- 1 1/2 C. warm corned beef; cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 C. shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 C. Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/2 C. rye croutons*
- *Can make croutons by toasting rye bread and cutting into cubes
- In a large mixing bowl add cabbage, sauerkraut, caraway seed, corned beef, Swiss cheese, and dressing.
- Stir to combine.
- Place on large plate and top with croutons.