Asian Porky Pineapple Salad – Salad a Day Contest Winner
Salad a Day Contest Winner -- Recipe: Asian Porky Pineapple Salad
1 hr 30 mins
Servings: 4 main dish servings
- 1 20- oz. can pineapple tidbits in juice divided usage
- 2 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pork tenderloin about 1 to 1 1/2 Lb., trimmed if needed
- 2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 large cucumber peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 C. chopped green onions
- 1 package 5-oz. spring salad mix (or other assorted baby greens)
- 1/2 C. prepared sesame-ginger salad dressing
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper as desired
- Crisp lettuce leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded and diced
- Drain juice from pineapple into a large measuring C. (reserve tidbits for later use) and add water to measure 1 1/2 C.
- Add kosher salt, brown sugar and vanilla extract, stirring until salt and sugar dissolve.
- Cut tenderloin lengthwise about 3/4 of the way through, then open up and flatten slightly with hands (like a book) to butterfly.
- Place into a large zip-top plastic bag with the pineapple juice mixture; seal bag, turning to coat all surfaces (or use an oblong dish, covered with plastic wrap). Refrigerate for about an hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Remove pork from brine, discarding brine, and pat dry with paper towels. Place on prepared baking sheet; sprinkle evenly with lemon pepper and cook in preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of thickest part reads 155°, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board; tent loosely with foil and let sit for 5 minutes, then cut lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into bite-sized pieces.
- Place reserved pineapple tidbits into a large bowl with pork, cucumber, green onions and salad greens; add salad dressing, tossing to coat.
- Season as desired with salt and black pepper.
- To serve, line 4 serving plates with crisp lettuce leaves; top with pork mixture, sprinkle with diced tomato and serve immediately.
My Journey through a Bottle… of Ranch Salad Dressing September 4, 2014
Go Mad Over these Dips! March 7, 2018