Asian Porky Pineapple Salad – Salad a Day Contest Winner
Salad a Day Contest Winner -- Recipe: Asian Porky Pineapple Salad
1 hr 30 mins
Servings: 4 main dish servings
- 1 20- oz. can pineapple tidbits in juice divided usage
- 2 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pork tenderloin about 1 to 1 1/2 Lb., trimmed if needed
- 2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 large cucumber peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 C. chopped green onions
- 1 package 5-oz. spring salad mix (or other assorted baby greens)
- 1/2 C. prepared sesame-ginger salad dressing
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper as desired
- Crisp lettuce leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded and diced
- Drain juice from pineapple into a large measuring C. (reserve tidbits for later use) and add water to measure 1 1/2 C.
- Add kosher salt, brown sugar and vanilla extract, stirring until salt and sugar dissolve.
- Cut tenderloin lengthwise about 3/4 of the way through, then open up and flatten slightly with hands (like a book) to butterfly.
- Place into a large zip-top plastic bag with the pineapple juice mixture; seal bag, turning to coat all surfaces (or use an oblong dish, covered with plastic wrap). Refrigerate for about an hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Remove pork from brine, discarding brine, and pat dry with paper towels. Place on prepared baking sheet; sprinkle evenly with lemon pepper and cook in preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of thickest part reads 155°, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board; tent loosely with foil and let sit for 5 minutes, then cut lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into bite-sized pieces.
- Place reserved pineapple tidbits into a large bowl with pork, cucumber, green onions and salad greens; add salad dressing, tossing to coat.
- Season as desired with salt and black pepper.
- To serve, line 4 serving plates with crisp lettuce leaves; top with pork mixture, sprinkle with diced tomato and serve immediately.
Spicy Maryland Style Crab Cakes May 1, 2015
The South Meets Italy with Bacon and Barbecue Chicken Pizza December 20, 2016
Holiday Turkey with a Twist November 15, 2018