Southern-Style Barbecue Pork – Recipe of the Month
Recipe of the Month: Southern-Style Barbecue Pork
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 1 2.5 - 3 lb. boneless pork loin roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 1 C. barbecue sauce
- Place onion in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Trim fat from pork roast.
- Rub roast with salt and pepper; arrange meat over onions. Add bay leaf, thyme leaves, and celery seeds to cooker. Pour barbecue sauce over roast.
- Cover and cook at low setting for 8-10 hours or at high setting for 4-5 hours.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board and allow to stand for 15 minutes; slice or dice to desired size.
- Remove excess fat from sauce; add desired amount of sauce to minced pork and stir to mix well. For sliced pork, spoon sauce over slices. Remove bay leaf before serving.
“A Formula for Success” The Association for Dressings and Sauces (ADS) 2016 T