Southern-Style Barbecue Pork – Recipe of the Month
Recipe of the Month: Southern-Style Barbecue Pork
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 1 2.5 - 3 lb. boneless pork loin roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 1 C. barbecue sauce
- Place onion in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Trim fat from pork roast.
- Rub roast with salt and pepper; arrange meat over onions. Add bay leaf, thyme leaves, and celery seeds to cooker. Pour barbecue sauce over roast.
- Cover and cook at low setting for 8-10 hours or at high setting for 4-5 hours.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board and allow to stand for 15 minutes; slice or dice to desired size.
- Remove excess fat from sauce; add desired amount of sauce to minced pork and stir to mix well. For sliced pork, spoon sauce over slices. Remove bay leaf before serving.
My Journey through a Bottle… of Ranch Salad Dressing September 4, 2014
Go Mad Over these Dips! March 7, 2018