Portland International Airport is served by 16 domestic airlines, including American, Delta, Frontier, Jetblue, Southwest and United. It is located just 20 minutes (13 miles) from the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront hotel.
Delta Air Lines Discount
Delta Air Lines is offering special discounted* airfares for ADS Meeting attendees. Discounts vary, depending on the class of ticket purchased, up to 10% off the fare for both domestic and international travel.
To take advantage of these Travel Discounts for both domestic and international travel:
- Visit the Delta Airlines website and click the Advanced Search link at the bottom of the "Book a Trip" box.
- Complete the required fields, and enter meeting code "NMPN3"
- You may also call Delta Meeting Network® Reservations at 1-800-328-1111, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Central Time. (Please use the same phone number to make changes to an existing Delta Meetings Network reservation.)
*Please note the following:
- NOT ALL FARES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A DISCOUNT.
- Fare rules will determine eligibility.
- Discounts vary, depending on the class of ticket purchased, and apply to round trip travel only.
- For domestic programs, the two lowest class tickets (X & V) are not eligible for a discount.
- Not valid with other discounts, certificates, coupons or promotional offers.
- One free name change per passenger and additional name changes permitted at $200 USD / $200 CAD on select fares. (Domestic travel only)
- One free name change per passenger and additional name changes permitted at $175 USD / $175 CAD on select fares. (International travel only)
- If using a travel agent, please contact association staff for assistance.
Transfer options between the Portland International Airport and Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront include:
- Blue Star Airport Shuttle Blue Star offers an airport shuttle service, door-to-door. Contact them at (503) 249-1837; cost is approximately $14 (one way); reservation required
- Taxi service is also available at the airport via several companies. Estimated fee (one way) is $50.
- Tri-Met/MAX rail system is also available. Take the MAX Red Line to City Center & Beaverton. Get off at Morrison/SW 3rd Avenue Max Station. Walk ½ mile to Marriott Downtown Waterfront.
- Most major car rental agencies offer services at the airport. Valet parking is $26/day at the Marriott; self-parking is not available at the hotel.
The Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel is located on the west side of the Willamette River on Naito Parkway, nine blocks south of the Morrison Bridge. You can view and print a street map.
Traveling from the Airport:
Follow Airport Way East and merge onto Interstate 205 South/Veterans Memorial Highway toward Interstate 84/Portland/Salem. Continue to exit 31B and merge onto Interstate 84 West/US-30 West. Take the Interstate 5 South exit on the left toward Beaverton/Salem/City Center and proceed to the City Center exit. Keep right and take the ramp for Morrison Street/City Center. Make a slight right onto Morrison Bridge then take the ramp for Naito Parkway/Interstate 5 South/Salem. Keep right and take the Front Avenue ramp toward Interstate 5 South/Salem. The hotel will be 1/2 mile on the right.
Northbound on I-5: Take City Center/Naito Parkway Exit. Go through two stoplights; hotel is directly on right.
Valet parking is available at the hotel for $39/day, including in/out privileges. Self-parking is not available at the hotel but is available at a fee at nearby lots.
Weather and Dress
In early May, daytime temperatures are typically in the mid 60’s, with evening temperatures in the mid 40’s. Average precipitation in late April/early May is 2 inches. Don’t forget to pack an umbrella or rain coat! Business casual attire is appropriate for all business sessions and social activities during the Technical Meeting.
Attractions & Dining in Portland
Click here for more information on dining and attractions in Portland.