Seared Beef with Farro, Summer Vegetables and Aji Pepper Romesco
- 18 oz. New York strip steak cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 1 medium yellow onion cut into ¼ dice.
- 2 medium zucchini cut into ¼ dice.
- 1- cup chopped canned tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups farro
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup Aji Pepper Romesco sauce
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Chopped parsley (optional)
Place the sliced beef in a medium bowl, drizzle with olive oil and add 1 tablespoon of minced garlic. Toss to coat evenly. Allow to marinate at room temperature for fifteen minutes.
After the beef has marinated, heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the beef. Season with salt pepper, ¼ teaspoon of smoked paprika, one teaspoon of garlic and cook until the beef is evenly seared and browned. Remove the beef from the pan and set aside.
Return the sauté pan to the burner over medium heat. Add olive oil; add onions and sauté for a minute. Add farro, remaining smoked paprika, tomatoes and water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer, cover and cook for twenty to twenty five minutes.
After twenty five minute the farro should be beginning to become tender. Add zucchini and remaining garlic. Return the seared beef to the pan. Lower the heat and add Romesco sauce cover and cook an additional 5 minutes.
Adjust salt and pepper as needed, place on a serving platter. Garnish with Parsley.